Wednesday, February 11, 2009

Irritated...BIG TIME!

I don't know what it is about this week but I seem to end up in conversations with people about adoption. Normally this is a great thing....I get to share something I love and usually it ends in educating others.
In my mind this is usually a good thing.
But today I am SICK OF IT!!!!
I am so tired of people treating me like I am not
"THE Mom".
I am not just a babysitter, caregiver, or raising these children for someone else to step in later in life and become the parent.
I am THE MOM!
I get up in the night when they are afraid of the dark, I am the one who goes to the doctor appointments with them, I am the one who sits at the table with them and helps them understand their homework, project and goes over spelling words.
I am the one who washes the poopy and wet underwear on a VERY regular basis.
I am the one who drives them to and from schoool, dance and every other place.
I would do anything for my children...I love them beyond words!!!
I am a REAL MOTHER!!!!!!!!!!!
Gosh...can these stupid people get it through there thick heads?????

I am also sick to death of hearing things like..
"Oh... you are such a sweet person to take in these children."
If I hear any of these sentiments again I think I will throw up!!!
I want to scream....
"THESE CHILDREN ARE A BLESSING TO ME....THEY ARE THE SWEET ONES!!!!!!!!"
Brad and I are the ones who have been blessed!
But of course I can't do that...they would probably put me in a mental institute if I did.

I am also sick of hearing...
"Did they just not want to parent?"
OH MY HECK!!!!!
When are these stupid humans going to get it....Birth Parents do this out of LOVE!!!!!
LOVE FOR THEIR CHILD,
HOPE FOR THEIR CHILD,
and
HOPE FOR THEIR OWN FUTURE!
And YES...THEY LOVE THEIR BABY
and YES THEY WANTED TO PARENT!!!!!\
In all honesty...they did parent...through their decisions they parented.
Parents make hard decisions...and that is what they did.
And....their love for these children continue...their role may be different than before but it is important just the same.

And for the record.....I don't consider our children's Birth Parents "UN-REAL".....we are all REAL PARENTS....there is no fake role in their lives.
Their Birth Parents gave them life and then planned for their life and then placed them into the life they planned for them.
It is the hardest of all decisions....giving life 3 times!
They are each a HERO!
If only everyone could know a Birth Parent like I do...maybe they would finally understand adoption.

Again for the record.......I can't take credit for my children's beautiful faces...I had nothing to do with what they look like....that is all their Birth Parents and God.
For which I am very grateful!!!!
But I can take claim to have been part of why my children do well in school and why they enjoy the things they do. Not everything in life is from our genes. I do not parent alone....I have help from above so I will not take credit...but I do my part and I am blessed to see prayers and work come to fruition.

I LOVE my children and I LOVE the way they came to me...
through incredible people that I LOVE and ADMIRE more than they will ever know.
I LOVE ADOPTION!!!!
I am just sick of stupid people who can't get over biology.
Biology is important but so are many other things.

4 comments:

Savannah said...

Thank you for sharing that. I worry about how our children will be treated when we do adopt, but I know above else, I WILL BE THEIR MOTHER.

Heather said...

Amen! I have been talking to many people lately about why Birth Parents make the decision to place their baby and how it is such a sweet selfless sacrifice that allows them to grow and create something magnificent out of what may seem like a trial at first. I have said many times that they become a hero. I can not understand why some would think children who are adopted are a chore instead of a sweet fantastic gift that makes life spectacular.

JaeJay said...

I recently found your blog through the "R House" Blog. I have read, and read your posts and I love them! You so well put into words how I feel. I am The MOM! And I am proud to be the MOM! Well said.

Deanna said...

Love it! I love that you want to tell it like it is and that you do through this blog!!!